Starting in 2015, I made it a goal to list 10 things that I am thankful for every month. And, thankfully, I have made it until May! WooHoo!
1) This week, I am thankful for weekend walk in clinics. After a week which started with allergy type symptoms, progressed to what I thought was just a viral laryngitis but quickly became strep throat and bronchitis, I was so happy to have someplace to go that was quick in and quick out since I felt so poorly. It was an added bonus that the doctor was very caring and friendly. My recovery has been slow but I feel so much better than I did Saturday!
2) I am thankful for animal shelters and the work of volunteers.
I am not making the assumption that all animal shelters are for the good of the animal. I am not saying that all are run perfectly. But, after visiting a local shelter with my son to adopt this beautiful, sweet girl, I am thankful for the good work that they do!
3) It seems like when Spring rolls around, we are already way ahead on our April showers and the sunshine is such a distant memory. Some days, it seems the rain will never end. But, then we hit the dry spell. It is amazing how quickly the sun dries everything out. We finally got a nice rain shower. It perked my garden right up. So very thankful for that!
4) I am also very thankful for the cool breezes and mild temperatures the rain sometimes brings. Nothing refreshes the soul like fresh air coming in the windows.
5) I am thankful for pillows. As I sit here in bed unable to sleep from the wonderful steroids, I am propped by a mound of soft pillows, making it easier for me to breathe.
6) After blaming the steroids for my insomnia, I am also going to thank them for helping me to breathe easier. Nothing feels more frightening to me than being short of breath!
7) As I sit here typing this on a tiny kindle screen, I am thankful for my dollar tree reading glasses. Boy, did I mention this screen is small? But, seriously, I have pairs of these in my car and all over my house.
8) Before I headed over here to type this post, I finished my to-do list for this week. I am thankful for pen and paper to help keep me straight.
9) I am not sure if I have said this one before, and quite frankly I am too lazy to go back and double check, so … I am thankful for Netflix. It has been quite a while since I have felt so ill that all I did was watch tv.
10) With an on-going theme of my being ill, I will part on this final thought. I am thankful for my health and healing from the ultimate healer, God!