My blogging friend Donna over at Homemade Naturally has invited me to a challenge from Edwina’s Episodes called Five Photos, Five Stories.
They do have some simple rules…
- Post a photo (can be from anywhere) each day for five consecutive days.
- Attach a story to the photo. It can be real, fiction, a poem, a quote or short paragraph – that is entirely up to you.
- At the end of each day, nominate one other blogger to take part.
“A man is lucky if he is the first love of a woman. A woman is lucky if she is the last love of a man.”
― Charles Dickens
Feeling a little moody today, I skimmed through my old photos. I came across this one from a junior high band trip. Sharing a seat with my first love. Blurred for his anonymity.
My thoughts when I look at the photo …
– The look on his face. Adoration.
– The good days before we were torn apart … “too young,” they said.
– I still have the promise ring you gave me, in secret, before we believed what they were saying to be true.
– So many words I wish could have been spoken. So many more words that I wish I could take back!
– Do you ever think about me?
– I needed more time.
Now, on a more upbeat note, I nominate The Pickled Pastor to join in this challenge. It’s just for fun and you don’t have to play along if you don’t want to.