Two weeks ago, I shared how I can focus on a short term weight loss goal & get there, but that I do not have the motivation or staying power to reach my ultimate goal thus giving up and then blowing it completely.
So, I devised a plan, of sorts, to help me meet my ultimate goal of losing 50 pounds.
- I am going to choose one plan each week to try. Every magazine I pick up has a new miracle diet. Some are healthy and some are more of a fad. Knowing that I can stick to a change in diet for a time with good results, I will follow a new magazine’s “diet plan” each week and report my results here.
This past week, I followed the Ayurvedic diet plan featured by Woman’s World from September 2, 2013, claiming, “Dr. Oz’s Ayurvedic Fat Cure! Lose As Much As 80 Lbs. using 3 easy slimming tricks.” . A copy of this plan and a little extra can be found here. The main premise of this diet plan is to “sip a fat-melting herbal tea, take Triphala for a “flat – belly” and “pig out” at lunch while eating a small & easy to digest meal for breakfast and dinner.”
- If I am having good results and can tolerate the plan longer, I will continue the plan another week.
My goal to be considered a success for me for this week was 2 lbs. I did not reach that goal. As a matter of fact, I stayed the same. But, after the week I have had, I consider that a success. Without the tea and the triphala, I would have gained weight back this week.
- If I did not have satisfactory results or cannot tolerate the plan, I will take 1 cheat day and move on to the next magazine’s miracle diet plan the following day.
By my own goal, I should move on to a new plan. But, I have had a horribly stressful week. I did not lose. I did not gain.
- I will follow the plan as close as possible to recommendation, attempting not to cheat.
This week, I was on the go continually. Having a family member that just got out of the hospital & was having some family issues, I became her helper, her driver, her companion. Most days, we were gone from sun up to sun down. Because I did not plan ahead, fast food and snack food were my staples. I missed drinking my “tea” completely on a couple of days. But I never forgot the triphala. Due to these issues, I will be taking a do-over week before I decide if I am moving on to another magazine diet plan.
- I will weigh and measure each Monday to assess not only weight loss but inches lost. I will post those results each Monday after the previous plan has been completed.
Didn’t even bother this week.
- I will take before and after photos. The posting of those is still up for debate.
Didn’t bother with these either.
- I will review the pros and cons (for me) of the plan in detail & share any thoughts or suggestions.
I have definitely put the plan to the test this week. I had a good week and a blah week. Next week will be the deciding factor. And, I must remember to take my own advice next time …
It is important that you remember to take your tea with you when you go out.
I had vowed to exercise this past week. I did walk in the great outdoors one day and spent another doing yard work. But, I did not do my 3 days as planned.
My goal for this week is 2lbs. My ultimate goal is 50 pounds.
If you have experiences with this or any other particular diet plan, please feel free to share.
If you need to lose a few pounds and think this challenge may be right for you, then please feel free to join me. Please comment & link to your post so we can share our journey! I do feel that I must add … I am not a physician, so as always with any new exercise or weight loss program, check with your doctor to see if this plan may be right for you. I am only sharing my experiences on this plan with you.
I do know that the best way to weight loss is a healthy diet and exercise. This is just about getting to my goal for now & then worrying about the details. Everyone has to find their own way. So, please, no shaming here. Encouragement gratefully accepted.