Ok, so I am not thrilled by the 5 pounds AND I am more sore than yesterday. But, I still did Level 1 Day 3 of Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. I continue to notice improvement in my stamina and with the help of a cup of OJ about a half hour prior to the workout, no nausea! And, as I type, I am barely shakey. Was it the OJ or I am just getting stronger, we’ll see tomorrow when I forgo the juice.
So, I declared yesterday that I would be setting some goals for this 30 days and with the weight sticking up there, I did make a couple –
1) To alternate 1 glass water with one of my other beverages.
2) Cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup in a pitcher of tea and limit to 1/2 the pitcher per day.
I have come to realize, I drink most of my calories. I gave up soda long ago, except for the occasional treat with dinner out. But, I soooo hate water. But, a glass of OJ, 1 Fuze Banana Colada and a pitcher of sweet tea is about 815 calories a day! That is almost my whole days calories without adding food! With the above changes, I should save about 564 calories a day. I know I can do better by drinking unsweet tea or only water, but at least it is a start!
3) In addition to doing the 30 day shred daily, I plan to add back into my routine 30 minutes on the stationary bike at least 3 times a week … starting today!
4) I also plan to continue with my family hike at least one day on the weekend.
5) I plan to make these goals more strict and revise when I get to Level 2 of the Shred. Baby steps so I don’t overwhelm and will stick with it!
Take a look for yourself and see what the 30 Day Shred is about …
And, I challenge you to challenge yourself to the 30 day shred!